Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Singapore to London

- Elise

I was wondering why I was feeling so disorientated in our Singapore hotel room last night when I finally realised at around 4am. It had no windows. Justine had already told me about this, but in my groggy and tired state I didn't really realise until my alarm went off at 8.30 and there was no light. At all.

After I'd had a cold shower, Justine figured out how to turn the hot water on. I'm glad I'm travelling with someone who has at least some common sense. However, we did have a 200ml bottle of Bailey's that we couldn't take over to London with us. There was no other choice; we just had to have a nip before breakfast! Then it was off to the airport again for the dreaded 14 hour flight.


As I mentioned yesterday, Changi airport is huge. And not only that, it's still decorated with beautiful Christmas decorations and displays. Worth the visit I think, even if we did rock up 3 hours early, forgetting that we didn't actually have any baggage to check in.

After some aimless wandering we finally found what we were looking for; food. Ah Burger King, I've always wondered how you differ from Hungry Jacks, and now I know. I miss Hungry Jacks bacon. Real bacon, that melts in your mouth as your chew and is more than a wafer thing piece of crunch.

After some more duty free shopping (thankfully I wasn't the only one who bought something) we hopped on our flight which, to our delight, was not full. Why is this delightful you ask? Because Justine and I got to have an entire 3-seater row to ourselves, that's why. Ah the leg room, the relative comfort, both the window and aisle seat!


In no time the flight was over...wait, what am I talking about, it took freakin forever! Even comfort couldn't make it THAT good. But we touched down in London alive and well, managed to get ourselves into the country and caught a train to the city. Again, I took us in the wrong direction, but we eventually found the Clink hostel after at least 30 minutes of lugging our suitcases around the dark, damp streets of London.

And now it's off to bed in our mixed dorm room, with our little metal bunkers and hopefully people who do not snore. Hopefully, we'll make it out of this one alive.

PS> Happy Birthday Rachel!

1 comment:

  1. At last you have arrived!! Isn't the plane ride atrocious?? You would not believe it if someone said they loved going on plane journeys on long flights!!!! Soo exciting though!!!! You are there!!!!

    ReplyDelete