Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day Eight: Liverpool to London

On the last day, we managed not to be last on the bus again, hooray! We cruised out of merry Liverpool and had our first stop off at the Roman town of Chester. It was a pretty town with a lot of old fashioned buildings lining the streets. I had a pasty, we managed to go into the Disney shop without buying anything, and just wandered the streets to see what we could find. We also saw the ruins of the amphitheatre before getting on the bus for the long trip back into London.


After one service stop, we managed to arrive in London just after 4pm. Anna had warned us that depending on traffic, we might not even get in until 7pm so we had booked our train tickets for the evening late. A good thing, as we spent the next hour and a half taking our other baggage out of storage at the Contiki basement and trying to repack it into our bags. I managed to get everything back in, other than my clothes. Justine, having a larger case, had much better luck. We ate dinner at Blooms Pizza below the Royal National Hotel, then took it in turns popping into the London pub to say goodbye to everyone as there was no hope we had of getting our luggage inside. Instead we caught a taxi to Euston station and got ready for our train to Wolverhampton to meet Aunty Kerry.   


We arrived in Wolverhampton at about 10.30pm where Kerry met us and drove us back to her cottage in Codsall Wood. She’d made the bed up beautifully for us, and we finally got to meet Presley Peter. We sat up to watch Shaun of the Dead, again, before heading off to a much needed sleep in on Sunday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Just putting comment on this one rather than all the way along!! I hope you told all those people on the tour that my Yorkshire pud is the best!!!

    Do you think maybe you are scared of ghost tours after your terrifying ordeal at the Old Melbourne Gaol??????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I did tell the tour manager that I liked yours best haha.
    Umm, I think I'm just scared of ghost tours in general. And at least no one locked me in a cell by myself this time!

    ReplyDelete