Monday, February 21, 2011

London to Singapore

It felt a bit strange going through the airport motions again. Our bags managed to get themselves under the weight, while I also had to take all my electronics (including camera and chords) out of my hand luggage because it was interfering with the scanner. Justine's was fine!

We got through customs and into the waiting area before boarding our third Airbus of the trip. We haven't been seated upstairs yet, but were in the back for this one. Then it was time for the 12 hour flight of trying to sleep, watching movies, listening to music, airplane food, going numb, myself tiredly dipping my headphones into my water, and more trying to sleep.

We eventually arrived in Singapore the Monday after, having skipped an entire day. It almost feels like we've wasted the day because we've lost about 8 hours. As it's longer than 48 hours from having our bags board the plane, they can't be carried through onto our Melbourne flight which is a pain. But we managed to pick them up and get through customs before catching a taxi to our hotel where all we wish to do is shower and sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God how is that Simba going to fit in the car with 5 of us????

    ReplyDelete