Sunday, February 20, 2011

Worthing

We had another rest day today; they’re becoming quite frequent! While Justine slept, I continued reading Anne Frank’s diaries; then while I slept again she went on the computer. Eventually we were both up at the same time and walked to the post office to find out the damage of sending things home.


When we walked back Carol picked us up and we headed towards the town of Worthing. We took Page down to the seafront and walked along the pebbled beach. It was actually softer than I imagined, with the rocks actually squishing down beneath our feet. I wasn’t expecting the ground underneath to be soft, but then again I was wearing my boots. Page was having a great time, prancing around and chasing rocks when we threw them for her. We passed the pier and walked up to the ice skating rink, before looping down to McDonald’s where Carol bought us both an ice cream. Then it was back into the car and to Nicola’s.

This time it was Justine unpacking her suitcase and organizing what could and couldn’t go in the post. The cheapest way to do it is sea mail in packages under 2kg each, which unfortunately means she’ll get home before some of her things. I’m hoping I don’t have to send anything home, but we’ll see what happens when I weigh my case, as Carol thinks her scales might be inaccurate.

We settled in for some stew made by Carol before a lemon meringue pie made by Waitrose. Then it was time for Carol and Nicola to try some rocket fuel, which had generally the same reaction as everyone else. It was a night in, with Nicola having work tomorrow and Justine and I still trying to rearrange our cases. Only three days to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment