Saturday, February 5, 2011

Harrods and Ipswich


Although we slept in a bit this morning, Hilary was more than happy to help us out with our plans for the day. She drove us to the station and while I arranged to visit my friend Natasha in Ipswich Justine met up with Tiffany, Andrew and Ash to go to the Camden markets and Harrods.

They walked around the markets which were quite busy as it was a Sunday. Following British tradition they had fish and chips for lunch before heading off to Harrods. Here, Justine got stuck as she couldn’t quite buy everything with West Highland Terriers on it. Instead, she and Tiffany opted for policemen and beefeater teddies before the four of them headed off to Brunswick square for dinner. Thanks to Tiff for taking the photo below.


In the meantime I had left my wallet at home and so had to walk back to Hilary’s. She had just poured her cup of tea, but was kind enough to drive me to the station again where I could catch the underground to connect with the National Rail service to Ipswich. Finally, after two hours I met Tasha for the first time after talking to each other for two years. And she’s as awesome in real life as I expected. We walked around Ipswich where she shared some of the town history and legends, before having a McDonald’s dinner and heading back to catch the train.

I met Justine at the station and Hilary then picked us up to drive us to Vue, the local cinema. We would have made it for the beginning of the film if the woman in front of us didn’t have a faulty voucher she didn’t know how to redeem, but as it was we didn’t miss too much of ‘The King’s Speech’. It was a good movie, topped off by traveling home on our first double-decker bus ride, even if we didn’t have time to sit up the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment